* Community outings
* Group shopping trip every Thursday
* Local casinos trips once a month
* Lunch with Bunch” (out to lunch once a week)
* Transportation to St. Jude’s church every Sunday
* Local cultural events
Other activities include:
* Bingo 5 days a week
* Music events with sing-a-longs, dancing and reminiscing
* Outdoor barbeques once a week (weather permitting)
* Pool table
* Recreation Room for holiday celebrations and special occasions
* Church/spiritual services on premises 4 times a week
* Arts and crafts
* Exercise classes on Mon., Wed., Fri.
* Tia Chi classes
Residents receive a monthly newsletter listing all of the upcoming events. Residents participate in the monthly Senior Lunch Program for the Dolton seniors and offer “Lunch with the Bunch” held at various restaurants in the area.
The biggest event during the year is our family picnic held in August. Residents are encouraged to invite their family and friends to enjoy musical entertainment, picnic food, clowns, bouncer, petting zoo and pony rides. This is the one big picnic for the entire Dorchester family.
We encourage socialization. We hold monthly Fireside Chats where residents can reminisce and share memories. Barbeques are held every Saturday during the summer. The beautifully landscaped grounds and patio with fountain and gazebo are the perfect setting for summertime events including cookouts and ice cream socials.